If you are like most people you don’t think too much about the components of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or unless it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most from this invaluable appliance it can be very nice to know how it keeps your food cold—and Spokane Valley Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out what you might need to know about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is the time to connect with refrigerator repair Spokane Valley.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-have kitchen appliance for a lot of years now. A residential refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, in order to eliminate rotting and limit bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from inside of the unit to the exterior, by using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary parts of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Spokane Valley Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the back outside panel of the appliance and is there to disperse the warmth collected from inside the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
The evaporator is located in the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs warmth contained inside of it, effectively lowering the interior temperature.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, thereby transforming the gas into liquid.
The thermostat regulates the temperature within the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when appropriate.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Spokane Valley for repair the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside a refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to engage, and then the cool down starts. The refrigerator draws in the cool liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the heated gas towards the condenser coils on the outside of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the home and transforms back to a liquified state.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues on its journey to the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the many coils on the inside of the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, thereby returning the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and will return back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is found in many applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from a single location and then distributing it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a home, provides a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need repair? Time to schedule repair with Spokane Valley Appliance Repair.
Spokane Valley Appliance Repair can service nearly all common brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our service technicians in Spokane Valley complete training to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart technology and other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working